Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that involves the use of a device with fine needles to create tiny, controlled punctures in the skin's surface. This procedure builds collagen and elastin in the skin and can improve various skin conditions, such as fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, stretch marks, and overall skin texture.
1. Improved Skin Texture: Microneedling reduces the appearance of fine lines, face wrinkles, neck wrinkles, and acne scars, leaving your skin smoother and more even in texture.
2. Enhanced Collagen Production: By stimulating collagen production, microneedling firms and tightens the skin, making it appear more youthful.
3. Minimally Invasive: Microneedling is a non-surgical and virtually painless procedure with minimal downtime, making it suitable for busy lifestyles.
4. Reduces Pore Size: It can reduce the size of enlarged pores, giving your skin a refined and polished look.
5. Safe and Effective: Microneedling is safe for all skin types and provides noticeable results with consistent treatments.
Microneedling on its own has a host of benefits, however at Functional Beauty, we pair our microneedling treatment with special growth factors. These growth factors play a significant role in enhancing the effectiveness of the treatment.
Growth factors have proteins which signal the body to produce collagen and elastin, increase cell proliferation, and promote faster healing and tissue repair. This helps in the regeneration of healthy skin tissue, leading to a smoother and more radiant complexion.
What To Expect
1. Consultation: Your journey begins with a consultation where your provider will listen to your concerns and formulate a plan based upon your unique skin type and goals.
2. Prep: Before the procedure, a topical numbing cream is applied to the treatment area to minimize discomfort. Your skin is then cleansed and sterilized.
3. Pre-game Growth Factors: Our special growth factors are applied to your skin to maximize the effectiveness of the treatment.
4. Needle Magic: Your provider will gently pass the microneedling pen over the skin, creating controlled micro-injuries in the outermost layer, called the epidermis, and into the deeper layer, the dermis. The depth and density of the needle punctures are adjusted based on anatomy, the specific skin condition being treated, and the patient's skin type.
5. Collagen Party: The micro-injuries trigger the body's natural wound-healing process. This stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which are essential for maintaining the skin's firmness and elasticity. Over time, this increased collagen production can help improve the skin's texture, tone, and overall appearance.
6. Recovery: After the procedure, the skin may appear slightly red and feel sensitive, similar to a mild sunburn. This typically subsides within a few days. Patients are advised to avoid direct sun exposure and use sunscreen during the healing process. The downtime associated with microneedling is relatively short compared to more invasive procedures like laser resurfacing.
7. Results: Improvement in the skin's appearance can be seen over the course of several weeks to months, as collagen and elastin continue to rebuild and remodel the treated area. Multiple sessions may be required for best results, and these are usually spaced a few weeks apart.